Absolute Despotism is a disturbingly beautiful tale of what could happen in Americas future. Socialism and liberalism has run amok and consumed what makes America great. With the disappearance of their civil liberties Jack and Abby live in a very different world; a world that makes a person grateful for the freedoms we have today. Holly Brown has written a captivating novel that leaves you wanting more.
With the passage of Senate Bill 590190 and an amendment to the Constitution, The United States descended into the bowels of absolute control through oppression. The President became a Dictator, and “the fault, dear Brutus, is not in our stars, but in ourselves, that we are underlings.” Or at least that’s what Abigail Johnson’s mother told her.
Welcome to New America: States no longer exist. All Media is a branch of the Government and must be overseen by an unelected Government Representative. Any and all meetings, groups, clubs, organizations, movements and followings against the New Regime are outlawed. Medicine and healthcare rationed, doctors are forbidden to practice unless in a supervised, Government facility. All Citizens must be tagged with an Identification Chip. Religion is called the root of Terrorism, and any Religious organization that doesn’t allow a Federal Representative into all meetings, ceremonies, temples and mosques will be dismantled. The 2nd Amendment is abolished and firearms confiscated. Buried in debt and State-run Business, the nation will be forever scarred. Anyone believed to be conspiring against America will be put to death as a traitor or imprisoned indefinitely.
Abigail Johnson remembers when these Executive Orders were issued and her life upturned. Working as a Junior Editor at a State Magazine in Denver, she is haunted by the recent death of her mother and memories of attending outlawed, rebel meetings in her youth. While trying to stay a step ahead of her past, everything will explode. Two rebel acquaintances reemerge; involving her in what will become the Nation’s most critical battle for rights and freedoms to date.
Framed as a Terrorist for the bombing of a building, Abigail is faced with two important decisions. Should she try to run and make a new life for herself or should she stay and join the emerging battle against Absolute Despotism?
- It's only $2.99 on amazon.
- "If you give up your rights now, don't expect them back."Senator Rand Paul, filibuster 6 March 2013.
- Common Core...you might want to know more about it--it will surprise you.
- Article about Chicago Teachers Union president "jokes" about lying to parents and turning students into hostages.
- "Our Constitution was made only for a moral and religious people. It is wholly inadequate to the government of any other."-John Adams
- Same-Sex Marriage--undefining marriage which in the end hurts the children.
- "Let [the Constitution] be taught in schools, in seminaries, and in colleges; let it be written in primers, spelling books, and in almanacs; let it be preached from the pulpit, proclaimed in legislative halls, and enforced in courts of justice. And, in short, let it become the political religion of the land."-Abraham Lincoln
- The quote in the description is the same one John Green used to come up with the title The Fault in Our Stars.
- Ezra Taft Benson's talk, The Constitution--A Glorious Standard.
- Glenn Beck--Kids taught America is to be blamed for 9-11.