Wednesday, April 10, 2013

The Evolution of Calpurnia Tate

I really had no idea what this book was about when I picked it up but I loved the cover art and it's a Newbery Award winner so I was pretty sure it would be good. I loved it! After reading this book I have to Rank Jacqueline Kelly's Calpurnia right up there with L.M. Montgomery's Anne--which is a book are sincerely need to reread. Calpurnia is a cleaver 11 year old growing up in 1899. She becomes fascinated with science and Mr. Darwin thank to an ever loving Granddaddy. Even though there is no love lost between  me and any kind of bug I found myself loving this rebellious little girl every time she tried to get out of practicing the piano, knitting and cooking lessons. Calpurnia is just what every pre-teen/teenage/young woman needs in their loves and I highly recommend it to all those and everyone else!

TANGENTS:

No comments:

Post a Comment