Wednesday, March 13, 2013

The Westing Game.

Have you ever read a book and then though 'Why didn't anyone tell me about this book before?' Well I've had that thought quite often, most recently after I finished reading The Westing Game by Ellen Raskin--it was  first published in 1978. For those of you who have not heard of this book, READ IT. It is a children's mystery--a very well written children's mystery. Sixteen people move into an apartment building, the rich neighbor dies and they all end up being heirs to his fortune. It's a cute short mystery, reminiscent of Agatha Christie but for kids.

TANGENTS:
  • Pinterest board.
  • I am most definitely introducing N and L to this book this summer!

1 comment:

  1. Such an awesome book. I didn't read it as a kid but once I did read it, I was suddenly recommending it to all the kids I knew. :)

    I was also pleased to find it as part of the reading curriculum for a few of them.

    ReplyDelete