Once upon a time and angel and a devil fell in love and dared to imagine a world free of bloodshed and war.
This is not that world.
- I was very glad that Zuzana and Mik kept showing up throughout the book, I was a little worried that they would not be a part of this book as they were in the last one--but don't fear, they're still here.
- Akiva and Karou...I wanted to hold them, slap them, kiss them, kick them but in the end their together...well at least their in the same room--cave!
- One of the things I loved was that Akiva's and Madrigal's dream of a different world is coming to pass--just in a terribly ironic way where they aren't a couple anymore and yet they are each wanting to save their people and stop the bloodshed, and now are working together.
- Laini Taylor on Karou and Akiva's relationship.
- Where is Karou at the beginning of the novel?
- All about Ziri. Ziri is an Amazigh name (language of the Berber people of Morocco) that means "moonlight."
- The mystery Stelian woman...at least I think that she is Stelian.
- Magical systems in the series.
- NOTE: Though this book is beautifully written it does have some intense scenes in it too--from a young adult stand point i.e. attempted rape.
- Sample of audio book.