Thursday, June 21, 2012

The Night Circus by Erin Morgenstern

I loved The Night Circus from beginning to end. It was simply beautiful! Le Cirque des Revs only runs from dusk till dawn and serves as the battle ground between two promising illusionists, Celia and Marco. But their competition to prove themselves the best begins to fall apart when they begin to fall in love. The story can be a little confusing--but I felt the structure only added to the atmosphere. The different stories fit together like a puzzle; you aren't sure where it goes until you're done reading but when all the pieces come together in the end, you're left with this beautiful piece of art. The imagery is absolutely breathtaking! I've never craved chocolate popcorn, apple cider, and caramel more then when reading this book.


Tangents:
  • I really want to start having midnight dinners! And black and white dinners! Anyone interested in an invite?
  • Could you imagine this book in Tim Burton's hands?! Oh my goodness, it would be beautiful!
  • There were enough French phrases in the book that made me really wish I knew French.
  • The Book Trailer.

No comments:

Post a Comment