Friday, March 2, 2012

A Game of Thrones by George R.R. Martin


I really enjoyed this book! Though before I go into more detail I must first say that this is very much an adult fantasy novel. There is a lot of sex and...foul language, this is not a book I would recommend my mother read--but it was good! Now I will be honest, despite seeing these books for years the only reason I've actually picked one up is because...


Sean Bean plays Ned Stark in the HBO adaptation. Yeah I'm pretty much in love with him. Martin has created an incredibly complex world and an even more complex story. It's a great start to a series, and I cannot wait read the rest of them.

TANGENTS:

--Favorite Characters: Ned Stark, Arya Stark, Tyrion Lannister
--Least Favorite: Daenerys Targaryen, Cersie Lannister, Jamie Lannister
--Even though HBO aged all the actors I think they did a bang up job casting.
--There is a lot of religion in the book. Compared to Lord of the Rings or the Wheel of Time.
--I really like the complexity of characters. Ned Stark has his honor, but he loves and values his family--his daughters--above his honor. Tyrion Lannister seems as cruel as the rest of the Lannister's but you begin to see that there is more to this dwarf than you first thought.

No comments:

Post a Comment