Sunday, November 27, 2011

Shorts.

The Lone Ranger and Tonto Fistfight in Heaven : Title
Sherman Alexie : Author

I took a short story class at ASU and for our final we had to put together a video interpretation of a story. Mine was on Sherman Alexie's short story--not the book--The Lone Ranger and Tonto Fistfight in Heaven. Here is the other group who did this story--I really liked theirs!  It's a good short story.



TANGENTS:

  • The whole story felt slightly surreal to me--which is why I chose Pink Martini's Que Sera Sera for the music, it has that surreal carnival feel to it.
  • It's an interesting story. It jumps back and forth between the present and the past and it's easy to get lost in the time frame. But I liked it.  I felt that the author wasn't sure where he fit in--Reservation, the White world--because he was educated he didn't really fit in on the reservation but because he was Indian he didn't really fit in the world off the reservation either.
  • Have you ever read anything by Alexie? I hadn't.  But my sister Megs read his book for one of her classes and now the movie version is one of her favorites.--I'm still not really sure why.

No comments:

Post a Comment