Monday, April 26, 2010

The Last Lecture by Randy Pausch

I loved it! It lived up to all the hype...which was surprising, I know that people aren't always wrong, but so many people has gone on and on, I wasn't sure it would be that good...but it was! Randy Pausch shows us that we should be living life to the fullest. We should strive to fulfill all of our childhood dreams, not just accept that we live in an adult world, but to continually strive to make them happen! Live without regrets!

Tangents!

He was an ordinary guy who made his dreams come true...I think that is pretty heroic!

He has a whole chapter on Captain Kirk! I would have loved it for that alone!

I liked that while reading The Last Lecture, it caused me to reevaluate my own life. Was I just living my life day to day or was I enjoying living my life. Pausch's life was cut short because of cancer, that could happen to anybody at anytime. Am I completing my childhood dreams? Or am I being sucked into an adult world that is all work and no play? Do I have any regrets?...No...but am I taking risks and really going after my dreams?...not really. It's something I not only need to think about more but to do it!

I'm a planner! I love to plan things but when it comes to executing them...I fall very short of the goal. I need to take a deep breath, close my eyes and just do it!

The Last Lecture is an extremely good book! When you read it make sure you have some tissues because you'll get a little teary...it's true. I was good right up till then end, but it'll get to you! This is a book that I believe everyone should read!

No comments:

Post a Comment